Volume 2, Issue 2 (2014) Sustaining the Effective Use of Health Care Data
CALL FOR PAPERS - DEADLINE MARCH 3, 2014
Over the last few years, investment from care organizations, research institutes, and a significant one-time investment from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA) has created new infrastructure that leverages the use of electronic health data (particularly from electronic health records) to build “learning systems”. Developing sustainable business models to support ongoing maintenance and growth of these types of networks is now one of the most critical goals for these transformative projects. Concrete case examples of business models, lessons learned, and original research are needed to facilitate a broader conversation of promising practices.
The EDM Forum is dedicating a special issue of eGEMs to this topic and is now welcoming submissions. Dr. Adam Wilcox from Intermountain Healthcare will serve as a Guest Editor for this special issue, titled, Sustaining the Effective Use of Health Care Data, which will share the experiences and perspectives of a range of project leaders and stakeholders, and present ways decision makers can apply lessons learned to improve project sustainability.
All manuscripts must be received by March 3, 2014.
- Participate in important and timely discussions about new methods.
- Have confidence papers will be reviewed by a committee of peers with experience working with EHR data.
- Achieve a broad readership enabled by free, open access to publications. In the past year, eGEMs publications have been downloaded more than 10,000 times!
- Case examples of successful sustainability models for learning health systems, research networks, or quality improvement and operational efforts leveraging the use of electronic health data (e.g. EMR, EHR)
- Evaluations, case examples, or comparative case studies that compare approaches to building trust and value, flexible management structures, and/or appropriate levels of financial and administrative support
- Exploration of issues related to intellectual property and strategies to balance the public mission of research and quality improvement with support for entrepreneurship
- Policy recommendations for sustaining research networks
Invited Perspectives and Topics
Questions?Please contact Beth Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Adam Wilcox, PhD
- Medical Informatics Director
Submission InstructionsTo submit your manuscript:
- Go to the submission form. (Note: You may be prompted to log-in or create a free account to access the form.)
- When prompted, select the issue type “Special: Sustainability” on the drop-down menu.
- Complete your submission by filling out the remaining required fields, uploading your document, and clicking 'Submit.'
For formatting and other guidelines, please see Instructions for Authors.